Hi guys an gals,

just wanted to ask whats the best to do? have just bought a canon t-mount for attaching the camera to the telescope which is the best what to do it? camera direct to the scope or camera + t-mount + 2x barlow? its just that the barlow lens that came with my sw 200p also fits the t-mount so am not sure which is the best way to conect them.

Hey Gazer914,

I have a Canon T1i that connects to my t-mount which connects to my barlow, and I found that I got better results this way. You should play around with both ways and see which gives you the better results.

Good luck my friend!

Be.

thanks for the replies, yeah was getting a little confused but will give both ways a try, am trying to get everything sorted before i attempt ap have been having loads of fun just with the webcam with planetary, have taken a video and a few pics of the moon with the xbox webcam which came out great. but now am at the stage i now have a proper camera for ap and the mount i need.

im interested in dso's but with a lot of the reading ive done on the net a lot of people have said to include the barlow and this was where i was confused so just thought best to ask on here. all i need done now is the canon converted for ap and all set to go so hopfuly happy nights ahead lol

My thought are, adding a Barlow will increase and tracking, collimation, lp, error, and loads of stuff i can't think off, just use Prime Focus will give good results, check out the imagine forum and see how many of the Pro's use a Barlow....This is when using a DSLR and Imagine DSO's of course...:)

Archived