Desperate collimation help!

For the past month I've tried to collimate my newtonian. After reading and following guides, and using a collimator, I am stumped. The spot on the primary is central to everything - ie crosshairs, collimator and vanes. I collimated it for the point of focus, but all I get is two images - one is bright with a reddish orange flare to the side, the other is faint and a ghost image off of the centre of it. What am I doing wrong? I am going crazy here!!!

Ok, i will run through how i do it, which i think is the right way, make sure your Secondary Mirror in in line with the focus tube, then use a dust cap with a small hole in the centre this goes in the focus tube, move the tube in and out to get alignment to aligne the clips that hold the primary mirror in place, once this has been achieved use the crosshairs in the collimator to cente on the paper circle on the primary mirror, then adjust the primary mirror screws so the refecltion in the collimator is evan, finally use a high power (low MM) to unfocus a star that is right in the centre of the FOV, the star should show a even pattern if not adjust the primary mirror screws. I think this is the correct way, least ways that how i do it...

I don't understand in what circumstances you see these images. I have found this guide to be the simplest and most helpful: John Reed Home Page Collimation - Cheshire

Not everything should be concentric, I don't know if that's what you have achieved. What you should see down your device should resemble this: Telescope Reviews: Useful info about secondary mirror alignment

Archived