Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Line of stars/fuzzies

garethmob

Just wondering if some one could help as I dont have any planetary software on my g5 and my laptops not working still:(

Was in a really good location tonight and I was moving around with my Meade etx70 and saw a little glob moved above it and I saw the most werid thing. It was a perfect line of stars/fuzzy ish iv seen. Perfect line horesotal. it was to the right of Venus. About same hight. And to right of Capella. Does any one have any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a bit puzzled about the glob, if it was anywhere near Venus or Capella.

Pleidaes and Hyades would have been in the vicinity, but without knowing more about the location and extent of the line it's impossible to say - there are a lot of straight-line asterisms up there (e.g. a nice one I came across a while back in Sextans - but that's nowhere near Venus).

If you knew the approximate RA you could hunt for it here:

http://www.1000plus.com/2000plus/

i actually first saw it in my 70AT then found it again in bins (my 8 42's)

i had a liik in the triatlas and it was further right than the double cluster, so it was alot further than venus and capella than i first thought :) my appoligies

i'll try discribe the shape

there was a row of star (naked eye) that was going diagnonially to the right towards the ground and these small fuzzy star like things were in a straight line cutting through them horizontally it was fairly high up but about the same hight as the double cluster

Archived