Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Binary file for ToUcam Pro II PCVC840K

Hi all.

Trying to find the original firmware binary file for a Philips ToUcam Pro II (PCVC840K) so that I can re-flash the EEPROM back to standard. I bought the camera already flashed so I don't have a copy of the original.

If anyone has a copy or can point me in the right direction as to where I can get one I'd appreciate it.

Luke

Hi all.

Trying to find the original firmware binary file for a Philips ToUcam Pro II (PCVC840K) so that I can re-flash the EEPROM back to standard. I bought the camera already flashed so I don't have a copy of the original.

If anyone has a copy or can point me in the right direction as to where I can get one I'd appreciate it.

Luke

If you are referring to the spc880nc - spc900nc webcam, then you can get the inf and bin files from morgancomputers.co.uk

I tried to attach them to this posting, but they would not attach.

regards

Tony

• 1 year later...

I hate to resurrect a really old thread - but I will ... ;-) I have a PCVC840K which has exactly the same CCD chip as the SPC900. I've managed to get it working fine on Windows7 by virtue of tweaking some of the config files to fool Windows7 into believing it's an SPC900 that's plugged in, and it works fine with the SPC900 drivers installed ... however the camera itself is still very much the original 840K. I'm just wondering what I'm missing out on by not re-flashing the firmware up to the SPC900 version? What does the SPC900 firmware give you that the original 840K firmware didn't have / couldn't do?

Thanks,

Mike

Archived