rotating skywatcher 90 mak

Hi, my first post is a call for help,

Can any body help, i need to rotate my skywatcher scope for a celestron slt mount, as it is the red dot finder is underneath the scope, not easy to use what dia tube rings do i need to turn the scope.

have tried to search, either to much spurious info or not relevent.

Regards

Digi.

My 105mm has a outside dia of about 125mm. So an internal diameter of about 20mm more then the scope mirror.

Guess you need something about 110mm then.

Do you not have a tape measure/ruler ?????

Try TS:

Montierungen und Zubehör - Teleskop-Express: Astro-Shop + Fotografie + Naturbeobachtung

about half way down are the Astro-Pro options at what seems a reasonable cost.

Guess that the ones specified as 116mm are about right but would needA LITTLE additional padding.

HOWEVER email them and ask as the things may be made for a 90mm scope not a 90mm ouside tube dia. The values given match generally the scope mirror dia as in 90mm, 105mm.

Could be that you get the 90mm tube rings for a 90mm scope and that the internal dia is actually about 110mm.

I mounted my Mak 127 on tube rings to overcome this inverted finderscope problem. It makes for much easier observing!

I use a MRF red dot finder and a Skywatcher 9x50 RACI - (I slackened off the eyepiece section slightly in order to keep the eyepiece verticle when I rotate the tube)

The tube rings were slightly over sized but the smooth side of sticky backed velcro made an excellent packing.

Good luck with the project.

• 1 year later...

I mounted my Mak 127 on tube rings to overcome this inverted finderscope problem. It makes for much easier observing!

I use a MRF red dot finder and a Skywatcher 9x50 RACI - (I slackened off the eyepiece section slightly in order to keep the eyepiece verticle when I rotate the tube)

The tube rings were slightly over sized but the smooth side of sticky backed velcro made an excellent packing.

Good luck with the project.

How did you fit the tube rings? Did you remove the dove tail or the finder bracket?

I found rings off a 114p which fit nicely around the 127 Mak.

Archived