NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

stellarium question

kniclander

Note that to have the ocular button or the Ctrl/Cmd+O shortcut, you need to have the Oculars plug-in enabled. The plug-in's configuration window also allows you to enter the details telescopes, oculars, etc., and to enable the nice buttons panel for switching between oculars.

And yes to your other query, you can flip the ocular view in both axis, and also have different settings for your finderscope if necessary. To set up a finderscope you need to set up the equivalent telescope and eyepiece and select them together.

When I'm hunting from something I'll typically print a wide scale star map with easily recognisable constellations and a Telrad reticule superimposed to put me in the general vicinity, then an ocular view with my lowest power eyepiece selected. Occasionally I might print a finderscope view too if the nearby stars are faint - I find that below a certain magnitude it's easier to use the finder than the Telrad alone.

Check the "invert colours" option in Configuration->Tools->Screenshots so you get black stars on a white sky - saves a lot of ink :D

Archived