Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My new Dob SynScan wont work

Ive just tried to set up my Skywatcher Dob 300 SynScan and when I put the 12v power cable into the motor the hand controller does not light up or function.

There is power at the cable, I checked. I also checked I turned the power switch on, but nothing happens. The hand controller should light up and allow me to start the set up process.

I even plugged the cable into the hand controller, still nothing.

Is it a dead hand controller, or faulty board, or switch ?

Anyone else had this issue ?

Do you mean the tip of the power cable ? - well its the cable that came with the scope, so I would have thought it was the correct one. Ive emailed FLO as they supplied it so hopefully they can respond tomorrow morning.

What are you using to power the cable? If it's the battery pack that came with it are the batteries in correctly? If it's a power pack it the cable plugged in correctly? You need to make sure your power supply has power at the tip before condemning anything else.

This is the first time Ive tried to power it up, the last two nights I just looked through it and manually moved it. Tonight I was going to set up the GOTO etc. Ive emailed FLO to see what they say in the morning. So now I will go to bed and sulk a bit :D

I tried a different power lead last night and it worked !

I reckon the connecting pin was not fitting properly into the socket - so now Ive stopped sulking and can sort out aligning the scope.

Archived