Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Nice Touch

I received my 25/18/12 & 5mm BST Explorer eyepieces today. First impressions are that they're really nicely made.

Also, what a nice touch, in each eyepiece box there is a soft optic cleaning cloth.

Can't wait to try them on the scope, I suspect it'll be cloudy for a month now though.

Andy

Lol, I expect there will be at least a months worth of cloud! Yes, lovely ep's,

interestingly the 25mm, 18mm & 12mm are all branded BST Explorer ED but the 5mm which is identical in every way body wise (obviously except for the FL and coloured band) is branded StarGuider ED. Just out of curiosity does anyone know the story behind this?

Spoke to Alan about this at Skys the Limit. Apparently the people who make these eyepieces ship them all over the world and re-badge them for different areas, hence the BST in this country. He queried about the name change when they came in and was assured that they come from the same manufacturer, who apparently had StarGuider badged versions available but not BST's. I have the 8mm and that is a StarGuider also.

Interesting. I love the look of these too. I use Pentax XLs on my FS128 which are wonderful, these BSTs are like smaller rubberised versions, love the wind up/down eye cup thingies too,makes for very comfortable viewing.

I like your username btw, it's amazing how many astronomers play the guitar or guitarists that have a telescope,lol. I've played the guitar myself for over 30 odd years now,lol :D

Andy

I like your username btw, it's amazing how many astronomers play the guitar or guitarists that have a telescope,lol. I've played the guitar myself for over 30 odd years now,lol :(

Andy

The name is an affectation and although I do have a 6 guitars I play them all equally badly :D !!

Don't think the neighbours would appreciate me strumming a few chords at 2 a.m. do you? However, if they annoy me enough .......:) might even get out the amp!!!

Archived