Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Astroman's website.

Astroman

It's waaay out of date, desparate for updates, but here it is, nonetheless.

http://www.stargazing.net/Astroman

Now that I'm out of school, (new career training), maybe I'll have time to work on it.

You've been saying that for the past 4 years! :)

Seriously, I've had your website in my favourites/bookmarked since the early days of Orbital 9.

All: As well as a wealth of information related to astronomy, you can also see Astroman's wedding, hear about his 'musical side' & read various tutorials, too.

Definitely worth a visit - updated or not. 8)

Some very interesting article's on your website Astroman ie:Solar Telescope.

The Storm you had in the past looked nasty hope that doesnt happen to you ever again..

I also read with great interest your messier marathon result's, are you planning another one soon?..

James

We have storms much like that nearly every year. We call them "monsoons" and they occur from July to September or so. A stable weather pattern sets up over New Mexico and pumps huge amounts of moisture into Phoenix and after the daily heating, (35+ ºC), it just dumps on us when they collapse. We've had several since then. One of them blew the roof completely off the rolloff observatory building. Ten meters through the air!

The Messier Marathon is held annually in March or early April. My wife Rosie acts as guide and I run the telescope. We've never observed less than 103 objects in a single night and, when we included several NGC's, planets asteroids, comets and double stars, we've gone well over 230. It's the desert setting that makes it possible, so I can't take any credit, but it sure is fun! 8)

230 objects in one night i can but dream of ever seeing that many with house's,tree's in the way.

Sounds like an amazing night Astroman the desert certainly has it's plus side regarding astronomy. Talking of which do you ever get sand particle's on your astro gear? i live near the Sea and sometimes even a few miles from the sea i get sand building up on the scope during windy session's..

Those monsoons are really nasty Astroman i have seen many times what they can do on TV report's.

James :)

Archived