Meade LX90 12 inch

Hi Monkey

Can I call you monkey ?

I have a Meade 10 inch which I carry into the garden to use.

It works Great and has done for two years. It is quite heavy but I reckon I could manage a 12 inch. Go to the Meade site and check the weight of the scope and mount. Then maybee experiment, Don't be put off By doubters most are jumping on the band wagon. Size is everything (after location)

Steve

My only reservation would possibly be the weight.

In my opinion having had both a 10" Meade and a Celestron C9.25 - the Celestron is the better scope.

The new C11 Edge is also a rather nice scope as well.

Have a search for both brands and see what people are writing. You'll be sure to find opinions about both scopes.

Cheers

Ant

Boy, a bit of a beast to set up single handed. I had a 10 inch and used a sled and hand truck to move it about on its tripod. That worked well. The trouble with these scopes, to my mind, is the long focal length which so badly restricts the FOV. What do you gain over a 12 inch Newt at F5? It has no deep sky imaging potential, but I don't know if that interests you or not.

Olly

Archived