250px help

Hi just taken delivery of my 1st ever telescope a 250px syncs can I have put it all together but a little unsure how best to align it

Whilst I am very very new to this would I be able to align with the moon

Should I be using the syncs an to align

I read the manual and I think it over complicates what is possibly fairly easy

Any help and advice would be great

Michael

It's a piece of cake (honest).

Refering to the instruction manual (if it's the same as mine...)-

Go to page 7 and align the finderscope (in daylight). Without doing that you will find the process extremely difficult. Do it on a distant object like a TV ariel or apex of house.

Go to page 10. Carefully enter your time and date (American units!) and latitude and longitude in the keypad. Daylight saving time on.

Ignore text on pages 11 and 12 regarding star alignment.

Use the Two star alignment process on page 13. You'll need a little knowledge (or a star chart) of a few of the major stars in the sky but it's not difficult. You really only need to know one major star as the scope will swing round to the general direction of the second star during the alignment procedure.

The POE process you can suss out once you become more experienced.

Go to page 15 for how to use the GOTO functions.

Have fun.

EDIT: There is a good teletubby guide on how to set up (by Astronomy & Nature Centre) found

Archived