NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Filters for Imaging.

barkis

I need help regarding filters. When I bought my LX90, It came with a full array of Revelation Eyepieces and Filters.

The filters I take it, are suitable only for viewing, and would be useless for tri colour imaging. Am I correct in that assumption?.

If I am right, then what filters do I need to do colour imaging with a Starlight Express MX916 Camera. The filters are to fit inside a Trutek Slimline Filter wheel I have also just bought. Having looked around, I note that these filters are a bit expensive, so I would start with just the basic requirement. If someone good guide me in that respect, I would be grateful. Thanks.

Ron. :D

I'm sure you could get some kind of RGB thing going on with filters meant for visual at a pinch Ron. Do you have one of each? It'd certainly be worth havaing a go, even as a dry run thing as the real thing is quite spendy. Be interesting to see how well it works as I can't see a problem myself at the moment. Granted the colours won't be the same, but they'll need tweaking in Photoshop anyway even with the Astronomik proper ones. Does anybody calibrate their filters and work from there, or do we all just fiddle to get the white stars white?

Not sure if FLO has these, but Modern Astronomy (Bern) has them on his website as a set.

Kaptain Klevtsov

I'm sure you could get some kind of RGB thing going on with filters meant for visual at a pinch Ron. Do you have one of each? It'd certainly be worth havaing a go, even as a dry run thing as the real thing is quite spendy. Be interesting to see how well it works as I can't see a problem myself at the moment. Granted the colours won't be the same, but they'll need tweaking in Photoshop anyway even with the Astronomik proper ones. Does anybody calibrate their filters and work from there, or do we all just fiddle to get the white stars white?

Not sure if FLO has these, but Modern Astronomy (Bern) has them on his website as a set.

Kaptain Klevtsov

Thanks KK, what you suggest is probably the sensible thing to do as a start anyway, besides, I am jumping the gun a bit, trying to think way ahead, when I have some very basic learning to do. I will be happy just to get some decent mono images and learn about lots of other more pertinent things on CCD imaging. Colour can come a lot later when I have a bit more savvy.

Cheers Mate.

Ron. :D

Archived