NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

1st ever Saturn on april fools!

kingboya

Nice start, but you should be able to improve quite a bit with the gear you have :icon_salut:

Try to get a bit more scale with a Barlow and perhaps extension tubes.

Hi

I tried to use an extension tube (2x barlow with lens removed) with a 3x barlow and could not get focus. Should I keep the 2x barlow in the extension tube?

Tony

Hi

I tried to use an extension tube (2x barlow with lens removed) with a 3x barlow and could not get focus. Should I keep the 2x barlow in the extension tube?

Tony

Normally the order would be 3x Barlow > 2x Barlow with lens removed > Camera.

Usually this requires one to wind the focuser in some more to reach focus than what would be needed with the 3X Barlow by itself. Depending on your setup this may or maynot be possible. Sometimes it requires relocating the primary mirror a bit further back in the tube :D

Or perhaps lasing out to get a low profile focuser (preferably electric :icon_salut:) although it is not within eveyones means to do so

I hope this is clear enough and of some help:icon_salut:

Archived