webcam imaging ?

Hello, I've just brought a logitech 4000 ccd with telescope adaptor, then installed sharpcam.

Just asking what i have to do to take photos/record ?

Is it just a matter of putting the webcam in the slot where i would usually put a eyepiece ?

Then what i would usually see through the eyepiece will be picked up through the webcam and put onto my laptop screen ?

Hi Charlie - that's pretty much it. You might have to select your Logitech from a list of available cameras if your laptop has a built in one but otherwise you'll be ready to go.

You might find that locating the object you want to view is an issue. I line up the object in a low power eyepiece then a higher power on, making sure the object is dead centre then put the camera in. You don't get a very wide field of view with the camera so if you are slightly off centre it can be hard locating the object.

Okay cheers, that's the answer I was looking gor haha

Should I expect to take photos/videos in good quality with the skywatcher 130p scope and the webcam I'm using ?

Also what is stacking pictures ? And how is it done using sharpcap ?

Archived