Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

morning shadows on Plato floor

richbyers

as per peter grego's recommendation in the phillips moon observers books, it decided to spend some time on plato last night to try and get the 'peaks' of shadows that spread along the floor

at first nothing, but after about 30 mins studying indeed i could see them will my 10mm. very pleased

aparently you can almost see the shadows move in real time if you follow them for long enough, so may try that

rich

Hi Rich, I also have Peter Grego's book. Could you tell me which page you were referring to and how old the moon was when you were observing. I find Peter Grego has a keen eye for detail and I often go back to search for things he describes that I miss the first time. I was viewing the moon when it was 6 days old (28/3/12) and found the crater Posidonius a splendid sight. Its been nice the past few nights having the Moon, Venus and Jupiter near each other in the evening sky.

Archived