NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First Lunar with AS!2 March 28th

Space Cowboy

After shooting Venus and before Mars rose high enough I took a couple of of quick lunar avis though tracking was not good so aborted any further attempts.

Processed these in as!2 for the first time and very impressed how it handles a drifting avi! Basically as!2 produces a mosaic size image larger than 640x480.

Apologies for the rat chewed appearance as I did not want to crop off any detail (must be a way of trimming edges? ).

2 avis merged together using imerge.

Auto Dob + DFK + 5x Powermate = f26.4

space-cowboy-albums-moon-picture16593-moon-march-28th-2012.png

Excellent. I took a load of AVIs last night and the night before and AS2 processes them quite nicely (though fails to read some files for some reason, not sure why). I certainly think I'm getting better results with the moon now than I have been with Mars - though I'll try my just delivered 4x barlow tonight.

Captured some vey nice detail there Stuart. I've run a couple a lunar though AS2 and I think it produces more detail than R6 (and a whole lot quicker).

Expecting some fine Mars images from you now that you have your imagemate ejwwest :)

Just got my DBK618 .. and the clouds rushed in about the same time ;)

Alan

Stuart hopefully I can get Mars again before it gets too small to get a quick comparison with my old DBK, but it should pay dividends on dim and low Saturn .. time will tell ;)

Alan

Archived