Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Finally!

Azure

Months ago, one of the first things that attracted me to amateur astronomy was a grainy video on youtube someone had taken of Saturn through their telescope. The image of Saturn suspended in space, surrounded by its rings, was just one of the many things that compelled me to take on astronomy.

Now, months later, having seen all sorts of wonders in the night sky, I was still yet to glimpse Saturn, (it previously only came up in the early morning, and having to get up for school restricts me from viewing it then.)

However, last night, around 8 or 9pm, I was able to (finally!) aim my scope for Saturn (even if it was pretty low), and was rewarded with spectacular views of the planet. I managed to get the whole family and even the neighbors to come and have a look, and all were astonished! :(

Anyone else recently seen Saturn, or anything else they've been waiting for?

- AZ

Archived