NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

heritage 130 questions

my scope has been in storage for a while and i have a question about 1. the secondary mirrror and 2. collimation

1.so all the tutorials for newtonians show that the secondary mirrior is held in place by a spider type hold of 4 parts.....well the 130 is held by a 'hanging' type hold with 1 part that attatches to the top

well this rod has a nut at the top that attaches it to the top of the scope and became loose so that the mirror was able to screw around itself- now i tighened it up and made it parallel to the rest of the scope, but my question is, has this really messed things up? has it really pushed it out of line? ive used the scope and it seems fine, but i havnt had the time to properly check the quality of the scope, and it could do with collimation anyways

2.how do i go about collimating it then? with there just being 1 rod is it the same, ie using the 3 screws on the back of the secondary? how does this work the same then?

i dont have any collimation devices yet so im sort of having to wing it

thanks

Archived