Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Strong Will'd Jupiter

Akyra

Even though the sky is thick with clouds tonight, I quickly checked Stellarium and Jupiter is fighting his way through the thinner clouds / gaps. It is the only star in the sky, Jupiter may not be at a good altitude for observing but it sure is high up in the sky from here - South Wales. One good clear night might be enough to get a really good observing session of this great planet.

I've seen it, I've seen it :D:lol::p:lol::)

I had a quick glance out the front window and saw 1 solitary star poking out between the clouds. A quick dash to the garage and got the Dob out, 2 mins (literally) later the red dot finder homed in and there he? was in all his? glory, Jupiter with 3 moons on the left side and 1 on the right.

Lasted for about 10mins then disappeared behind the clouds again.

I'm really pleased because:-

1. It's the first time I've seen Jupiter.

2. My Dob was out and set-up really quickly.

3. It's the first time in 5 weeks there has been anything to see apart from cloud.

Brian.

(Happy as Larry - whoever he was!)

I've seen it, I've seen it :p:lol::):lol::clouds2:

Well done matey!

I'm really pleased because:-

1. It's the first time I've seen Jupiter.

2. My Dob was out and set-up really quickly.

3. It's the first time in 5 weeks there has been anything to see apart from cloud.

1. Isnt it amazing to observe? What a sight to see in the sky!

2. I have recently come to the same conclusion, if you see a slot a dob can be ready to go within a minute - or less! :lol:

3. Most of us are all in the boat with you on that one, this summer is gonna be a washout :D

Archived