Skywatcher Heritage 76mm dobsonian....wrong Barlow lens?

Hi guys, in this forum I believe this one will be the section most visited from me.

I have a problem with my Barlow lens, I can't focus with it!

As title says I have a Skywatcher Heritage 76mm which comes with 2 Super MA lenses (25mm and 10mm). I have bought from the same guys (I don't want advertise of course) a Meade 2x Barlow with plastic body. I can only focus very close objects. If I go above 20-30 meters I can see nothing clearly.

I have already read a post about that scope but different Barlows and someone says that the focuser doesn't run all the way down because of construction limits of those small scopes.

I need to ask you now:

It is worth to buy a more expensive Barlow or should I buy a Super MA instead? I am thinking at buyng a 3.6 mm.

The good thing about the Barlow in my opinion is that I can use a wider eyepiece which will be more comfy for the eyes instead of looking in 3mm hole....but the price? I think a nice Barlow would be more expensive than the scope itself.

I really thank you for your patience and answers guys :(

i had alot of trouble with a 2x barlow on my 130mm dob, it wouldnt screw enough down to get 'there' (in focus)

is this your problem?

Yep my friend, you've got that right! Unless you are very very close to something...like the trees in my garden!!! No Moon at all :(

Hi Francesco,

I have the same scope, I bought a Skywatcher deluxe x2 Barlow and it fits fine. It gives me amazing views of the moon's surface details, I've manged to see Jupiter with 3 of its moons too. I haven't upgraded any eye pieces am still using the 10mm and 25mm that came with it.

Archived