NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hotec

Robert Watson

Looking for help ,Can a hotec collimator go out of colimation, we've not had clear nights in N I for a while so i thought, good chance to clean up the scope and other bits, i have a celestron collimation eyepiece so i tried it in the scope and the collimation was well out so i put a col cap in and set about colimation useing the cap as well as the col eyepiece and got it well lined up but when i put the Hotec in it was badly out so im thinking my Hotec is out of line, if so does anyone know where i could send it to to get it reset:icon_scratch:

Check it out first. You can make a simple jig from plumbing bits or the V of an open, supported book. Focus on a wall a couple of metres away at least and slowly rotate.

If the laser describes a circle, you're in need of collimating. You might be able to do it yourself by carefully drilling thru at least 3 holes and adding grub screws

Sent from my GT-I9001

Archived