Focusing screws on SW 130

Hi all

Just a little bit of advice really, i recently collimated my scope and could see how much the laser dot would move depending on how much i tightened the two screws when inserting EP, is there anyway round this ?

I may buy a new scope in the next couple of months so not sure if it is worth replacing the focuser

Thanks

Lee

• 3 weeks later...
Hi all

Just a little bit of advice really, i recently collimated my scope and could see how much the laser dot would move depending on how much i tightened the two screws when inserting EP, is there anyway round this ?

I may buy a new scope in the next couple of months so not sure if it is worth replacing the focuser

Thanks

Lee

With some lasers have a little mark or dot on them so if you only one screw you line it up to that one ,and with two screws 50% .

Yeah i do mean the two screws that grip the EP in the focuser, i have read up a little and i guess for this scope it is a common problem, thanks for the replies. Ive just collimated to the closest i can get really as i know it will never be bang on with this focuser :)

easy answer... Don't use a laser

get a cheshire or use an old 35mm film canister cap with a pin-hole in it. Even if you manage to get the laser square in the focuser...the laser could still be out of it's own alignment...meaning you can never collimate precisely

I have collimated the laser so i know it is fine, i do have a cheshire also but with so much movement in the focuser it will never be bang on. Its a great scope dont get me wrong with some great views

Archived