Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Dark Skies - looks good for a while

stevetynant

Just came back from a dark sky site just outside Brecon that was recommended by one of the S Wales group - thanks Mr Fibble

stevetynant-albums-dark-sky-sites-picture16403-trecastle-mar-12.jpg

stevetynant-albums-dark-sky-sites-picture16402-trecastle-3.jpg

stevetynant-albums-dark-sky-sites-picture16401-trecastle-2.jpg

stevetynant-albums-dark-sky-sites-picture16404-dark-site-trecastle-mar-12-016.jpg

stevetynant-albums-dark-sky-sites-picture16413-dark-site-trecastle-mar-12-004.jpg

stevetynant-albums-dark-sky-sites-picture16410-dark-site-trecastle-mar-12-012.jpg

was stunning and with Saturn rising a little later than the last time I caught it,had a great few hours (although the sheep in the next field were making all sorts of creepy noises in the dark and lets not talk about the herd of horses that crept up on me) - also not usual to go up a mountain in Wales and not get blown away but conditions on that front at least were great.

Saturn itself was shimmering a bit so can't say its the best view I ever had but it was so nice up there spent a lot of time just staring randomly upwards without the scope.

Odd thing though could not locate M81 and M82 as I had done from my own light polluted garden - never mind- might try again on Monday (I'm wondeing if its because the Push to setting circle I've been having a lot of success with lately was not flat on the surface as it is at home?)

Anyhows -lets make the most of these next few days after weeks of cloud

clear skies folks

Steve

Archived