Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SkyScan?

I bought a HEQ5-PRO awhile ago second hand and the controller that came with it is called 'skyscan'.

I have used the controller in the past but always had issues with it!

It basically intermittently freezes, duplicates the writing, or just wont initialize properly.

I have done a search around on google but for some reason can't really find anything relating to 'skyscan' controllers just 'synscan'.

I currently use my comp to control the mount but I wanted the handset for when out in the field or as a second back up when my other system fails :)

Anybody had any experience with this hand controller?

Ste.

I have done a search around on google but for some reason can't really find anything relating to 'skyscan' controllers just 'synscan'.

From my research (google :) SkyScan was the name used for the early upgrade kits for the HEQ6 - retailing at around £499 for all the parts. They were later renamed Synscan

Yeh I was aware it is an older handset and 'SynScan' is the name now used....I meant that there does not seem to be many people discussing faults/errors with the older 'skyscan' handsets like mine.

Ste.

Archived