NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

'Clicking' with Celestron CG4 Dual Axis Motor Drive

Iridium

Hi all.

I'm new to the hobby and have just posted my introduction post in the 'Welcome' forum. I thought I would start first post with a problem I'm currently having.

I have a Celestron Omni XLT 150 Newtonian with the CG4 mount and have just installed the Celestron Dual Axis Motor Drive (yesterday actually).

I haven't had chance to take the set up out yet so am unsure as to whether I've installed it correctly, however the RA motor drive makes a fairly loud 'clicking' noise when running.

This seems to run up through the mount and is amplified by the hollow telescope tube. I can feel a noticible clicking trough the body of the scope when touching it and can only imagine this will wreak havoc with the image stability at higher magnifications.

This could be perfectly normal, but my intuition is telling my something is not right. I was wondering if there are any other CG4 users out there with the Dual Axis Motor Drive that could confirm whether this is normal or not for me?

Thanks for all your help in advance. ;)

Cheers,

Iridium

Archived