Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Cleaning a Starlight Xpress H18 sensor

I noted the instructions on SX's website and decided to have a go. I found the instructions didn't really apply to the H18 and I had to get a soldering iron out.

I knocked up some pictures and instructions to share with anybody out there who is contemplating having a go for themselves.

I took several attempts to get it all perfect - would like to share my experiences so that others don't have the hair loss that I encountered. Link below:

Cleaning a SX H18

Hi Mike - it had 30 to 40 pale dust spots over the entire image area and a really dense one, close to the middle - that wouldn't calibrate out. I now have just 3 pale spots near the edges that will easily disappear with applied flats. I guess that it might have been spotless at one time but the action of the shutters dislodged something after a few operations.

Archived