Best ep for dso's

Well now I've had a good session with the eyepieces I have,I fancy picking up a good one for dso's.

I have a 200p eq5,and my eyepieces are,

Celestron x-cell lx 5mm

Celestron x-cel lx 9mm

Standard skywatcher 10mm

Standard skywatcher 25mm.

I was going to slowly collect the x-cel range and last night I really enjoyed using the stock 25mm,so it made me want to get maybe the x-cel 25mm next.But is there anything better for the money?

I don't mind spending up to £100 or so for a good eyepiece.

Is there anything that stands out above the others for that kind of price?

Danny.

The two Xls you have should be great eyepieces for your high power needs- I have the 25mm - first night out with it last night and its replaced the stock 25mm I had although the 25mm Skywatcher is a good eyepiece in its own right in my experience - if you are willing to spend @ £100 for a good eye piece - it might be worth considering spending a bit more £169? on a Baader Click Zoom which gives 5 different focal lengths on one eye peice and seems to be getting good reviews on this site. Bearing in mind 1 Xl is @ £70 you would have 5 for the price of 2 (or slightly more anyway)

The only lens I'm holding out for now - on my budget anyway is the 32mm panaview which also seems to get good reviews - I think thats @ £79 at FLO though none in stock at the moment. Might be worth considering for your wide field requirements?

good luck with you decisions

Steve

Tell me about it its a non stop addiction - not just eye pieces either - but it seems like your off to a good start with some really nice equipment.

Build it up gradually and get decent stuff is my plan (he says after tripling the initial budget after 3 months) ;)

Danny

If you can stretch your budget a little more then take a look at the 31mm Baader Hyperion.

Its now my most used EP which I have been using for DSO's and also replaced my finderscope (I just use the 31mm + Telrad).

Archived