Astronomical Societies in East Herts

One in Hertford, meet at WGC, other is at Letchworth (LDAS). The other one I know of is West Herts, Rickmandsworth so that is out of it.

Not sure if there is one around Cheshunt, maybe someone was trying to start one?

The other is Cambridge, sort of up the M11, come off at the A1303 Maddingly and head into Cambridge a bit. Held at the Institute of Astronomy.

What "involvement" are you looking for?

What a club does varies by quite a bit.

Any chance of a bit more accurate idea on your location, east Herts is quite a stretch.

Rotten position to be. ;):D:D

M11 to Cambridge is easy, 25 miles or a bit less.

20 miles over to Letchworth along the A120/A10/A507

Hertford/WGC would be A120/A10/A414, not an easy trip however.

Don't know of a club in Braintree, that is an easy run along the newish bit of the A120.

Is Loughton acessible, down the M11 ?

Thanks for your quick reply

I am based in Bishop's Stortford, so quite a way away from anywhere.

I would like to go to meetings, look at stars etc.

You've got us. Our meetings are in Rivenhall End and stargazing nights in Braintree. We've got members in Dunmow, Saffron Walden and Harlow - so you aren't too far out of the way.

Otherwise you've got Hertford Astronomy Group, Letchworth, or Loughton AS (who I think meet in Theydon Bois.)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived