200p box contents question.

How many adjuster knobs are there supposed to be? The black plastic ones that adjust the various axes via the motor drive spindles. I have 2, but the top axis has a spindle either side? One is left bare?

Im currently checking over my scope that arrived today from an online retailer i wont name yet. It arrived very badly packaged. It was labelled as just damaged box with a discount, but its obviously its been used and returned, found the previous owners receipt from several months ago in the box.

Only really 3 minor ish problems, but had i known its condition i would have just bought it preowned off ebay instead and saved myself some cash. There are 2 cracked protector covers and one broken adjuster screw.

Also are scopes collimated when new?, mines waaaay out, can tell that just by looking at it.

Thanks all.

Send it back - if you paid "new" prices then it's not new. Even if you got a discount for a damaged box nontheless the scope should be complete, and unbroken cos that's what "new" means. Get a full refund and go to a reputable supplier :)

I would also send it back.

With regard to your first question they do only come with 2 adjuster knobs,well mine did.I assume the reason for having an adjuster on each side is so you can put the knob on whichever side is most comfortable for you to use.

Danny.

Archived