Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First Monkey Head nebula

Quatermass

Had a lot of fun last night trying to catch the monkey before it heads for the western skies. This is a total of 75 shots taken at an ISO of 1600 and exposure time of 1minute each with 35 darks and 33 flats. Hope to add more to it tonight if the weather holds out but glad to have caught the monkey by the tail.:)

monkey%2520head%2520nebula%2520ed80%2520master.jpg

I was thinking focus was a tad out before I read Paul's post. I'm afraid you can't correct it in post processing. I always exclude stars from any sharpening I do, in fact.

Don't worry, you might be able to get them sharper tonight and then layer the two images and erase the softer stars. (MartinB has a good tutorial on how to select stars in Ps.)

Olly

I think my eyesight is to blame here. My left eye has got drops in it that make my pupil big so the other drops can take effect on the Iritus when the effect of the drops wear off my left eye will return to normal but at the moment its slightly out of focus sigh.. I will get my missus to check focus for me this evening.

Lol tryed again tonight and managed to get the whole thing upside down some how and only just got its head in the shots, must be old age. Still, added what I got and when I checked my focus tonight it was much better then the other night. The ED80 focuser is much more sensitive then my 200p focuser. Still getting used to this new telescope. Another process with sharper stars added feel a bit better about this one now.

MHN.jpg

Archived