Heq5 to mac help plse

Hi all having a prob connecting mount to mac I was sold a lead I think it is rs232 ? Told to plug it in to hand set and then to adapter to make other end USB I've got the latest stellariam they wil not talk to each other is there some thing else I need as well ?

This is the procedure for connecting a telescope under Windows, a Mac may fiffer lightly.

1. Find out what comm port the computer has assigned your serial/usb adapter and check that the adapter is recognised by the computer and has loaded the drivers for it.

2. Start Stellarium and press F2 to go to the configuration panel. Go to plug-ins and select telescope control. Select the load on startup option.

3. Press Configure and then under the Telescopes tab select Add.

4. Select Stellarium, directly through a serial port.

5. Scroll down further and select the comm port the computer assigned the adapter.

6. Select start/connect on startup

7. Select device model and then Skywatcher Synscan if your handset is v3 or select Nexstar compatible if an earlier handset.

8. Shut down Stellarium, connect the handset to the computer using the adapter cable.

9. Start Stellarium and power up mount. Do not select PC direct mode on the handset.

Peter

Archived