Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Starwave 80ED Weight

Hi Eddy,

I have a Starwave 80ED and ST80 Guide scope piggy back on top with SW Guide mount on HEQ5 mount with canon 550d. Not sure what the weight capacity for EQ5 but on this forum someone mentioned 15Kilos for HEQ5

Kim

post-31980-133877749281_thumb.jpg

I recon about 6-7kgs

Starwave - 2.7kgs

ST80 - 1.3kgs

TOTAL - 4kgs

Leaving about 3kgs for everything else, could be way off the mark but 2mins on the net got this data! lol so like i said, could be 10kgs off for all i know! LOL

• 8 months later...

I am very impressed with the Orion Nebula from photos I have seen in this forum. Recently bought the ATIK 314L+ Mono and QHY5 for guiding and my first go at the Orion Nebula . HA filter 10 mins x 10, RGB 10 mins x 5 each. Quite please with the result after stacking the photos though the trapezoid is burn out it

SKywatcher HEQ5 mount - Starwave SWD 80ED

PHD guiding with QHY5

I am very impressed with the Orion Nebula from photos I have seen in this forum. Recently bought the ATIK 314L+ Mono and QHY5 for guiding and my first go at the Orion Nebula . HA filter 10 mins x 10, RGB 10 mins x 5 each. Quite please with the result after stacking the photos though the trapezoid is burn out it

SKywatcher HEQ5 mount - Starwave SWD 80ED

PHD guiding with QHY5

You need subs of about 10 to 15 seconds for the Trapezium and then follow this method; http://www.astropix.com/HTML/J_DIGIT/LAYMASK.HTM

In the setup above I'm surprised by how high the guide scope is riding above the Starwave. It would help the mount to have the guidescope as close as possible to the main one. That's not to say that the system doesn't work perfectly well, but in the case of a mount that was struggling this would become a consideration. WIth modern cameras guidescopes no longer need to be adjustable. You should always find a guidestar.

Olly

Archived