Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

skywatcher 127 goto problem

Hi everyone, newbie here.

Well, after 9 nights of cloud, finally i had a clear cornish sky.

I didn't use the 'goto' function as i just wanted to point at the stars directly ahead of me, and well...see what i could see.

Unless i am doing something horribly wrong, i couldn't see anythng (yes, i had removed the covers and caps!), i twiddled the focus knob, and tried an 10mm plossul, a 15mm, and a wide angle 25mm eyepiece, all in vain; i actually had a better view from the viewfinder.

At one point i thought i had stars, but from the full range of the fucusing knob, i didnt get anything remotely resenbling the kind of view you'd expect from any telescope, let alone a 5" m-c .

i even starting to wonder if there was a film over the lens, yes.. my mind is melting over this and i am a tad dissapointed to say the least.

any help very much appreciated.

hi, yes i have lined it up, although from my tiny back garden i can only get the nw sky. if i take the scope out to a hill (not had the opportunity yet due to weather), i would have to dismantle and reallign the scope/finder.

also, at home i am unable to do the alignment as there is no object in the distance visible to me due to buildings in my way.

each time i take the scope indoors, i have to take it off the mount, and take off the scope to repack in the polypadding.

it is very frustrating as i am bursting to see some messier objects and more.

Archived