Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

PLEASE HELP.....

I've just brought my first telescope and I've enjoyed every minute so far but I wear glasses and the 2 eyepieces that came as standard are a bit tricky to use. Can somebody please give me some advice on which eyepieces are best to solve this problem (my budget is a little limited at the moment) Hope someone can help me:)

Do your eyepieces have rubber eye cups that can fold down?

I find that I can still achieve focus with my better eye without my glasses through a scope.

I have an astigmatism in both eyes, wich means I am both long and short sighted in the same eye.

I would think that a wide field eyepiece would be better or choose some advertised as 'long eye relief'

Hang on, I don't think the problem should be reduced to one of field of view. The problem of eye relief (the distance from the last EP lens to the point at which the full field can still be seen) is worse at high magnifications but can still be solved.

Long eye relief EPs can be used with glasses because this point comes far enough from the EP to leave room for the glasses. Of course, the other option is contact lenses, though I have never used them. They should allow short eye relief EPs to work for the wearer, though.

Relatively inexpensive long eye relief EPs do exist but I have no experience of them so won't comment. I have some TeleVue Radians on hand for guests who might need to keep their glasses on and, while they are great, they are far from cheap. A good dealer like FLO will certainly give sound advice.

Olly

Archived