NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Eqmod question please!

Gasman

HI all

Sorry if its obvious but I`ve missed it ;-) I`m a bit confused which I should be using when slewing/synching with Stellarium or Cdc is it `append on synch` or `dialog based` and whats the other one for please?

Regards

Steve

You can use either method, depends on how you want to work. If you want to add new alignment points direct from your planetarium by issuing syncs then use the append on sync method. If you would rather follow dialog based prompts to add new points then use dialog mode. Note that issuing a sync whilst in dialog mode will result in the entire alignment model being shifted to line up with the sync point but no new points will be added.

Most folks go for the 'append on sync' approach (which is the default) as it allows you to create an alignment model working only with the planetarium (as opposed to switching between planetarium and EQMOD user interfaces). You can at any point switch between modes.

Chris.

Archived