Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

EP/Barlow recommendations?

ykket

Hey everyone,

I received a Celestron 127SLT last month and have been having a blast with it. I started to attempt imaging (Jupiter mainly and a bit of the moon). I am using the only the eyepieces that came with the scope (25mm and 9mm) and the SPC900 webcam. Being that I am pretty new to all of this, what eye pieces/barlows would you guys recommend?

Thanks

Hi Russ,

In the UK the BST Explorers get good reviews and seem to be a significant improvement over the eyepieces supplied as standard. In the US they are available under other brand names including the Astro Tech Paradigm. Here is a US dealer who stocks them:

Paradigm Dual ED

They are good eyepieces for $60 apiece. Here is a review from the "Cloudynights" web site:

First Look: Astro-Tech Paradigm Eyepieces - CN Report

Thanks, I appreciate the input. I will research the ep more. As far as budget. I would like to think that I am fairly flexible (or what the wife says :) ) and I would save up to get the right one.

Is there a certain mm that I should look to get?

Archived