Thumb screws/bob's knobs??

Hi there can anyone helps me please. im currently using a Konusmotor 130 telescope and i want3/need to replace the secondary collimation screws for either Bob'sknobs or thumg screws, probably t/screws as they seem to be cheaper! I have removed 1 of the little grub screws (with allen key) and need some advice to9 make sure i dont order wrong thing.

I know i am going to sound think here but the measurements on the sites are baffling me to me honest (M6/M30????) I want order thumb screws not but a motorway!!!

Please can someone help before i put my foot thu my pc monitor or kick my cat! lol

:)

Thanks everyone for your advice so far, hope someone out there hears my cry lol

Cheers

Alan.

I don't know the detail of this scope.

But screw sizing is along the lines of M6 x 30.

This example means the screw is 6mm diameter on the outside of the thread. That is fits snug in a 6mm hole. 30 denotes the length below the head.

Does this help?

And just to add to what David says - the "M" in M4 or M6 means METRIC. You don't want a M screw if your scope is threaded for imperial - although that seems pretty unlikely.

I'm not familiar with your scope and I see bob's site doesn't say specifically he does screws for that model.

Archived