Another newbie with set up problems ......

good morning , hope someone can help . I recently purchased a skyhawk 1145p with go to mount . Went to wales at the weekend to set it up . Setting up the handset I managed to convert my coordinates from decimal and put them in . Set up date , time zone etc seemed ok . Began alignment and then searched for jupiter as this was clear in the sky ! Handset then informed me it was below the horizon .....what am I doing wrong? By the way I did manage to get some stunning views by setting up manually and pointing so all was not wasted !

Thanks For reading my post , hope you can help .

Paul , good question. Didnt really check to be honest but I'm sure I inputted in DD/MM/YYYY

Would the default ask for US format ? If so that's my error ! I've left my scope in Conwy as I'm going back this weekend so can't really check at the moment - thanks for replying

duns, I left the time zone at 00:00 for gmt, this is correct?

Depends on your location, google World Time zone map. That will tell you which time zone to set. Not sure where you guys are in reguards to prime meridian.

duns, I left the time zone at 00:00 for gmt, this is correct?
Tyat would be correct for the UK, but it's important to set daylight saving to 'No' during the winter too.

It does sound like you've input the UK/Euro/Everbody else date format, rather than the US MM/DD/YY that the mount is expecting.

Russell

Paul , good question. Didnt really check to be honest but I'm sure I inputted in DD/MM/YYYY

Would the default ask for US format ? If so that's my error ! I've left my scope in Conwy as I'm going back this weekend so can't really check at the moment - thanks for replying

Hopefully that's all it was. Keep us updated when you get back to your scope.

Paul

Archived