SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Exceptionally Clear Skies

BazMark

Is it me, or are the skies exceptionally clear tonight in SE UK.

I've just been out observing Jupiter, Venus and Mars and had the clearest views of all three I think I've ever had. I was even able to achieve pretty good focus with a 3.6mm SW Plossl on all three planets which is saying something as I don't even get to use my 6mm TMB clone that often with my 127 Mak. I was out three nights ago and I couldn't even achieve decent focus with a 10mm plossl on mars.

Though I was able to get good focus tonight even with the 3.6mm there was next to no detail to be seen on Mars, though I was able to catch a glimpse of the ice cap briefly. Jupiter and Venus were just amazing with a crisp half moon phase of Venus and clear banding with subtle colouring on Jupiter. M42 was real clear too with all the stars crisply defined within. Can't wait to get out later and have a peek at Saturn.

Yep same here, im in Bewdley worcestershire and its fogged over, 100% night orange glow across the whole sky, where as an hour ago it was dark, black skies! Lovely night......how annoying is the fog?! lol

Im hoping it'll move, pass, im giving it until midnight then giving in! lol

Not ideal, but pleasant :) - sky not really that dark, but still able to see lots of the brighter stars... taking some shots of M44 at the moment - seems OK but background a bit light. Still 9.1c outside but humidity increasing just above 90%

Same here now. Thought I was going to get a really good shot at Saturn tonight but it's fogged up quite badly. Can see a few stars straight up but that's it. No sign of Saturn though.

Archived