Astro phography Help

I am brand new to this with my 22yr old son who has opened my eyes to this brilliant subject and got me to buy the Sky Watcher 150 with the computer mount, my interest is in the photographic bit and I have a Pentax DSLR but my propbllem is how do I mount it to the scope and what do I need I would be obliged for any help

Which SW 150 do you have. Do you have the reflector, refractor or Mak? Also which computer mount, SW has about a dozen models on sale.

You will need either a T adapter for your SLR or a 2" to pentax K adapter to connect your camera to the scope

Astro Engineering Max DSLR 2 inch camera adaptor (for Canon, Nikon & Pentax)

Most people recommend this book as an introduction to astrophotogrphy

First Light Optics - Making Every Photon Count - Steve Richards

btw Welcome to SGL

I'm also new to all this, but for attaching your dSLR to your scope you need a T-ring (the bit that fits to the camera) and then a T-Adapter (the bit that fits into the scope) both of which can be brought from First Light Optics - Adaptors

Remember with the T-Ring you'd need to the Pentax fitting so make sure to select that before you buy it :)

Hi there, you should really only need the "T" Ring as the barlow that comes with the scope will normally be threaded so you can fit your camera including T ring to the focuser...

regards Ady

Greetings SGL folk I have managed to get the T piece for the camera and yes it fits onto the 2x Barlow perfectly, I have taken a couple of images but they all appear to be very small is there a way to get greater magnification, or am I expecting too much DSLR is a Pentax K5

You don't want to have a Barlow or anything else for that matter between the Camera and the focus tube, so it goes Camera, T-Ring/Adapter, Focus Tube, there are EP's that have connections for a Camera they work well but you really need a Coma Corrector between the Camera and EP

2012-02-25120141.jpg

This just fits in the Focus Tube, depending on scope ect they may also requires extention tube to get the focus point right.

Archived