baader 8-24 clickstop zoom

Hi all........Could anyone tell me if the Baader 8-24 clickstop zoom would give good results in a F4.7 10" skywatcher dob. I`ve been looking on the forums and it seems that this eyepiece works better in an F6 or slower so do you think that an 8" dob at F5.9 would be a better match.

I already have the zoom but want to get a dob for backyard veiwing of mainly DSO`s and was wondering if 8" or 10" would be the better choice.

I know that apperture rules especially for DSO observations but as my main eyepiece will be the Baader clickstop zoom which do you think I would get more pleasing views with.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Steve

I bought a Baader zoom a few months ago. Haven't looked back. I use it in both my telescopes (one of them a 250mm f4.7 dobsonian) for a wide variety of observations.

One may get slightly better results using individual lenses but, IMHO, this is offset by the sheer convenience and versitility of the Baader zoom.

YMMV.:)

I have a baader zoom 8-24mm and have found it very good indeed. Minimal refocusing and it has proved helpfull in aligning my scope quickly and accurately. Probably need a better scope to get the full benifit!

Thanks for the replies.............

Grunthos, do you notice any difference when you use the Baader zoom in your 10" dob compared to your 6" nexstar se sct, particularly in terms of field curvature, I have heard that this happens in faster scopes but it would be nice to hear from you if this is correct.

Tinker1947, Thanks for your input,I would realy like to get a 10" dob but as I only bought the Baader zoom a couple of months ago I would prefer to get a scope thats going to be suited to it, I know this must sound crazy:icon_scratch: and I should have bought the scope and then the EP but like a lot of us on this forum when I see something I like then I just got to get it :icon_confused:and thats what happened with the baader zoom.:)

I haven't noticed any perceptable difference (a subjective opinion as I haven't performed any scientific comparison tests).

The baader zoom does the trick for both scopes (but I only use one scope at a time!):)

Archived