Evostar 120 Case

Hi there guys! My first post on this forum, I'm sure it won't be my last. Just looking for some advice. I have a Skywatcher Evostar 120 and would love to keep it in a protective case when transporting it out to dark sites in the car. It would also be nice just to keep it safe in the house. I was thinking along the lines of a metal flight case that musicians :headbang: use but I'm struggling to find one the right size. What does everyone else use? Surely there is a market for protective scope cases out there?:D

Thanks for any help :)

TS seem to do a range:

Okularkoffer, Tragetaschen und Schutzhüllen - Teleskop-Express: Astro-Shop + Fotografie + Naturbeobachtung

Looks like the 100 Euro mark, CAse R840 looks about right.

Another option is one of the soft trolly wheely bags from somewhere like Wilkinsons. They do one that is 76cm long (bit short perhaps?), at £20. You would need foam etc to construct your own inner but the bag would hold a fair bit and be easy to tow around.

Sorry that the link is in German, the site came up in English and everything I can see is in English. Except it seems the link text.

Maybe a bit pricey, but astroshop - usually comes as a highly recommended retail outlet in Europe - might be able to kit you out. You can always give them a call, they might have some niffty suggestions to make. Here's a few examples of what might be possible (the first two if you can cut out the foam to shape perhaps?):

Vanguard Transportkoffer Classic 62CL

Vanguard Transportkoffer Classic 60CL

Orion Hard Case, 110mm ED

Thanks guys! Unfortunately we're still struggling on the hard case option as none of the sites mentioned has a hard case long enough for the Evostars 95 1/2cm tube length :headbang:.

However I'm quite liking the look of the Geoptik soft padded cases from teleskop-express as a secondary option. And they have a case for scopes upto 150mm aperture which is 130cm long! With some extra padding that may do the trick. Has anyone used these cases before? Can they be recommended?

Thanks again :D

Archived