Finding Planets

I have had trouble at seeing Jupiter through my telescope, it has a tracker and I have calibrated it to the best of my abilities but when it moves to a planet it just shows black sky?

Any help?

Don't know that one - but the rules for alignment have got to be similar. make sure all your details are entered correctly, most importantly date and location.

Is the date in US or UK format - important.

when setting up your first star, use a low powered EP and centre it - then put in a higher powered one and centre it again - do the same for the other stars and you should be there - also, a level scope is really important.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge of your scope will come along and add to what I've said. Good luck

In general I would say that goto mounts can't find planets! They always seem out by a little. It's even worse with the moon. But these are bright objects - you don't need goto. Just set up the goto as best you can (to get tracking) and the slew to the planet.

Mars, Jupiter & Venus are fairly easy to see in the sky with the naked eye. Saturn can be more tricky. Have you used Stellarium, as it will tell you where the planets are at any given time, thus making it all much easier :)

Archived