SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hello East Anglia Gp

The Sailor

Hi all, just getting back into the swing of things after being laid up the best part of last year, had an accident and did not think I would be able to carry on with the astronomy but have perservered and got back on track the last month. Am in Lowestoft and have a garden observatory which I am rebuilding and should be back online in a couple of weeks, have to start learning how to do things all over. Booted up the mount and found that I had not touched it since last May so a lot to do :).

Jim

PS. Anyone wish to have a look at what I have and done I have all my photos on Facebook, heres a link to one of the albums:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150583055537454.405885.768197453&type=3&l=d4ac27cd13

Glad to hear that you are alright and getting back to the stars, two years ago I had a bad bout of health and nearley joined the stars ...go gently with the recovery and don't pust to hard!

I have just started in astrnomy and am in Fakenham perhaps we will bump into each other some time umtil then all the best for a continued recovery.

Jim R

Thank you, good to be back, a lot to catch up on :). Health is okay now but came out of hospital with more problem than I went in with :). Was a bit frustrated with all the clear nights we have had over the months but it all takes time and everything had to be sorted. I now have a dome instead of the flat roof so looking forward to attaching the telescopes to the mount in the comming weeks, will be updating my FB pages as and when I can, cheers.

Jim

• 1 month later...

Hi Naemeth, thank you, and Disco :D. My viewing angle is quite good, North through East to South, a tree and houses stops all to the West.

Light pollution is not good, a street light 25m due East in the centre of my arc prohibits lowish viewing, have asked Suffolk Council if they could do anything but have inspected and said nothing could be done. Local school have a floodlit playing area which is used a number of night a week till nine PM so that rules out anything North, other than that all good, can see galaxies quite well.

The dome is good but the wet weather has tested it considerably and work still ongoing, have yet to test it fully for a night. Have got back into the swing of things but have found I left some batteries in a few of the items and they leaked so more work :).

Thanks again

Jim

Archived