Best DLSR's For The Celestron CPC Range?

Hello everyone,

I want to eventually buy a DLSR Camera and attach it straight on the back of the CPC 800. Can anyone recommend any good ones and what i'll need to attach it?

I believe i will just need the correct T-Ring?

Hi zaine, a cpc has an alt az mount , therefore pretty useless for use with a dslr .... you need an eq type mount to do deep sky long exposures . Sorry .

Ok, thanks. Not sure if i want to do long exposures however. Think i' be happy to just take a quick snap of something. Would it be ok for that?

You can put the CPC on a wedge so that you can polar align it for astro photography. This ones a beaut - much better than the earlier model:

First Light Optics - Wedge

It's a slow scope though so if you want to do dso's then you'll want to speed it up a bit with a reducer - this is the one I have:

First Light Optics - Celestron f6.3 Focal Reducer

To attach the camera you'll need a T-ring for prime focus imaging - make sure you get the right one for your camera:

First Light Optics - T Rings

This will fit a T-thread so you might additionally require a T-adaptor for Sct scopes. In alt/az mode though you can use the basic scope and camera for snapping planets/moon. ;)

Hi zaine , by quick snap I take it you mean ,pics of the moon and planets ? You will be able to get great results with a webcam and your set up ! A spc 900 with ir filter is about 40 quid , much less than a dslr !! There is lots of free software to use also ;)

Archived