Not a Milky Way, but a Mars

JamesF

Well, two, actually.

Having completely dismantled and remantled my 127 Mak and done the collimation from scratch several times (see my other threads), last night I had time to capture some images of Mars. The seeing was fairy poor, with plenty of fast-moving light cloud, but nonetheless I'm moderately pleased with these. 127 Mak, motorised EQ3-2, flashed SPC880 with IR cut filter. The first with the Revelation 2.5x barlow and the second with TeleVue 3x barlow (which I think needs a good clean):

post-23533-133877740481_thumb.png

I'll post more capture/processing details if anyone cares to know them.

I'm getting a bit more of a handle on Registax now, but it's still very easy to overprocess the image. I'm pleased to have picked up cloud detail though. It's not a patch on some of the fantastic Mars images posted here from C9.25s and the like, but I very much enjoy using my little Mak and I think it does a pretty decent job for its size.

James

post-23533-133877740479_thumb.png

Archived