Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Telescope question

Hi everyone i would like to ask one question, what do you think about celestron nex star 60stl? is it good, i have save some money, is it a good buy? and what will i be able to see with him?

Thx for your answers ;)

To be frank you will see the moon the planets as discs and some stars. Most of the money for that scope goes on the electronics and not an awful lot on the optics. It's a small apparture achromatic refractor with a large focal length to cut down on the false colour but there will still be plenty on bright objects. For that price I would forgo the electrics and get a scope that you can see more with either the

First Light Optics - Skywatcher Explorer 130P SynScan AZ GOTO

which is the cheapest scope with a goto mount that I can think of or the

First Light Optics - Skywatcher Skyliner 150P Dobsonian

which is the biggest for the sort of money that a 60slt costs. I notice that flo our sponsor doesn't sell the 60slt they do the bigger slt's so I think that says it all for me. They don't do toy scopes and although this isn't quite that it's a long way short of being a good astro scope. In short fine for the moon not much else

Think of a scope package as comprising 3 parts. The scope itself, the mount, then the electronics.

With a low cost scope package, money spent on electronics leaves little for the scope.

A dob mount is low cost, so there is lots of money left for the scope.

If you don't have good glass, no amount of electronics will give you good views.

Archived