Refractor tube that will fit on a alt azimuth mount

Hi people I'm looking for a refractor tube that will fit onto a alt azimuth mount? But would really only pay about £200. Want to do some deep space images but I don't really like the equatorial mounts as they are too bulky and I'm limited for space at the moment. Any suggestions as to which scopes are good

Thanks Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it's your Skywatcher AZ GOTO mount then I think an ST102 would be around your limit or maybe an ED80.

The mount is far from ideal for deep sky imaging though, but I expect you know that.

as john says above , alt az mounts cant do dso ... five seconds max is the longest exposure you will get ... it might not even be 5 seconds before "rotation" effects the image .

you already have a 127 mak , you can get exellent images of the moon and planets with a web cam .and it wont cost 200quid.

dso needs long exposure ;)

Archived