Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

diy flex tube light shield

j45on

I am sure I have read somewhere that people have made their own lightshields for flex tube dobs, but as usual I now can not find it.

Have you made your own ? what sort of material did you use ?

And do you have any pictures ?

Hi j45on. I made mine out of matt black cardboard from my local stationary supplier. Measured the required circumference, cut and drilled, and pop-rivetted. Then bolt fitted two pairs of fixed retaining pegs to one side, three further pairs which are rotatable (to allow removal of the shield), and made a couple of small cuts on the top surface to clear the lifting knob between the fixed pegs. Its flexible enough to manoeuvre between the telescoping tubes yet stiff enough to retain its shape in use, due to the provision of the five pairs (top and bottom) of pegs. It can be fitted or removed in thirty seconds.

Sorry, can't post pics, (computer numpty and no digital camera!). Anybody interested in taking a look who can visit me in Leeds is welcome to contact me and make arrangements to do so.

Jim.

Archived