Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Really need help!!!

I have a philips spc900nc and when I try to photograph the moon my focuser wont turn enough to get it in focus. I could do it with my Skymax 127mm and now I have n 8 inch dob.

When I find the moon It'll slowly look like its focusing then the focuser stops.

Why????

Cheers,

Seth

Your focuser may have a section that will unscrew, in which case you will probably need another shorter adaptor to accept the webcam, that will permit further inward travel to achieve focus.

If not, your only other solution may be to move your scopes mirror further up the tube towards the secondary mirror.

If your collimation adjusting screws are long enough, you might be able to push the mirror further up that way. It will depend on how far you need to move it, so the focal plane reaches your webcams sensor. You will need a little extra for leeway.

Ron.

Archived